LSTV can absolutely help you meet your weight loss goals. Just be sure to begin with the facts, from Le Sweat’s lead trainer, Charee Atkins:
The best and most scientific way to lose weight is through a calorie deficit, i.e., burning more calories than you eat. There are many ways to achieve a calorie deficit (without feeling hangry!), but the best approach begins with a realistic goal.
Before you begin this journey, I highly recommend watching the 'Using a Nutrition Calculator' video and trying Precision Nutrition’s calorie calculator because what you can measure, you can manage. Here are my recommendations for embarking on a safe and effective weight loss journey:
1. Begin with a Nutrition Check-In and Google away if you have trouble wrapping your head around the concept of a calorie deficit
2. Commit to regular movement (30+ minutes of physical activity daily–and yes, walking counts)
3. Increase the frequency, intensity (or both!) of your workouts
4. Include strength training in your regular weekly workout
5. Consistency: See “Get Consistent” and/or try one of our challenges for maximum results
28-Day Break Le Sweat Challenge
Le Sweat Yourself Strong Challenges #1 thru #4
*Tip: Download the calendar from your challenge of choice for the full class list:
HOW TO TRACK PROGRESS
The best way to keep track of your progress is to begin by identifying your baseline or starting fitness levels. We recommend taking the Le Sweat Fitness Test before you begin and again 1x a month after that. We also suggest focusing on non-scale victories (i.e., how well your clothes fit).